Geotechnical – Environmental
“ensuring the accurate assessment of complex ground conditions”
The results of ground behaviour generated by earthquake activity (e.g. subsidence, lateral spreading, and liquefaction) on the urban and rural environment are well known. McMillan Drilling provides comprehensive site investigation services to obtain the information Engineers require to avoid uncertainty and risk for future development. With an in-house team of experienced Geologists, Engineers and Field Technicians, we are able to offer Clients advice and provide confidence that their site investigation objectives are understood.
We recognise the need to discuss and work closely with our Clients from the outset to ensure services are tailored and the most appropriate investigation equipment and methods are adopted.
- Electronic Cone Penetrometer Testing (CPT and CPTu)
- Standard Penetration Testing (SPT)
- SPT PDA Analyser
- Down Hole Seismic Profiling (Pc and Ps)
- Gel Push Sampling
- Thin Wall Tube Sampling (U50 – U100)
- Rotary Sonic (4x6, DT45 & DT60 Sampling)
- Direct Push Technology – Single & Dual Tube Sampling
- Hollow Flight Augers
- Rotary Coring (NQ, HQ, PQ)
- Cable Percussive
- Conventional Rotary – air/water/mud flush
All testing equipment is routinely calibrated by internal and external parties to ensure accuracy and repeatability in test results.